Year 10 Physical Education & Health
Teacher in Charge: Ms K. Beckett
The general aims of the physical education programme are to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to maintain and enhance personal health and physical development.
• To develop motor skills through movement and develop positive attitudes towards physical activity.
• To participate in creating healthy communities and environments by taking responsible action.
• To encourage student’s ability to develop skills and attitudes that enhances interactions and relationships with other people.
Note: House T-Shirt/Black shorts or leggings and sports shoes are compulsory.
The general aims of the health education programme are to develop the knowledge of students in relation to personal growth and development, demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills, and understand personal growth and development. Topics include, but are not limited to;
- Self Esteem/ Body Image
- Mental Health
- Sexuality Education
- Building positive relationships
- Drug and Alcohol education
Recommended Prior Learning
Courses will only run based on minimum entries
Selecting a course does not guarantee entry into this course
You may apply for an exemption if you do not meet the prerequisites of a course or if the course requires this for entry
Standards offered can be altered at the discretion of the HOF or HOD of the Department
Some standards in NCEA courses might be optional depending on student strengths