Why take Music?
Music is the pattern of sounds performed by people in voice or on instruments. Music is also the written symbols that represent musical sounds. It is the arrangement of, or the art of putting together different sounds. It is the art of listening.
The Extension and Contemporary pathways of the Music courses aim to develop within each student:
· A wide range of performance-based musical skills in practical, aural, notation and analysis
· Competence in the art and discipline of preparing solo performances
· Communication and teamwork in preparing ensemble performances
· A theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of the basic musical elements
· Enjoyment of music and a deeper appreciation and knowledge of a range of musical styles and genres
· Active participation in creating music – through singing, playing and composing original ideas
· Developing and notating original work through current digital technologies
· The art of creating, recording and editing original material through relevant music technologies (in contemporary music streams)
· Confidence and positive self-esteem by gaining musical independence through successful and creative self-expression
From Year 9 – 13, students are supported through various scaffolded musical experiences in order that each individual will develop their own musical talent and interest; and in turn, understand and appreciate the musical expression of others.
Courses in this Department
Music: Promoter, Stage Manager, Events Manager, Singer/Musician, Teaching, Actor, Art Director (Film/Television/Stage), Artistic Director, Cinema Projectionist, Dancer, Director (Film/Television/Radio/Stage), Entertainer, Film and Video Editor, Film/Television Camera Operator, Light Technician, Media Producer, Musician, Production Assistant (Film/Television/Radio/Stage), Radio Presenter, Sound Technician, Television Presenter, Primary School Teacher, Private Teacher/Tutor, Tertiary Lecturer, Diversional Therapist, Music Teacher, Sound engineer, Radio Announcer, Music Performer, Production Assistant (Film/Television/Radio),