University Entrance (UE) is the minimum requirement to go to a New Zealand university.
In order to achieve this you need:
- NCEA Level 3
- Three subjects - at Level 3, made up of:
- 14 credits in each of three approved subjects (Non-university approved subjects are indicated in each course in SchoolPoint)
- Literacy - 10 credits at Level 2 or above, made up of:
- 5 credits in reading
- 5 credits in writing
- Numeracy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above, made up of:
- achievement standards – specified achievement standards available through a range of subjects, or
- unit standards - package of three numeracy unit standards (26623, 26626, 26627- all three required).
Once you have met the requirements for University Entrance it will appear on your NZQA Record of Achievement.
University Restricted Course requirements:
For courses with a large number of applicants the entry criteria will be higher. Students will need to check either with the university concerned or with a careers' guidance counsellor for the entry criteria.
Entrance Criteria for New Zealand Universities
University of Auckland
link here (including rank score information)
University of Otago
link here (including entry score calculations)
Victoria University of Wellington
link here (including information on rank score for Engineering degrees)
University of Waikato